We’ve realized that there are plenty of filmmakers who’d like to be hands-on with their outreach. (They like the ‘Y’ in ‘DIY’.)
Maybe you’re one of those–you’d like to keep everything in house.
Or your budget is tight.
Or you’d simply like to understand the basics of community engagement so that when you hire somebody like us, you can communicate more easily.
For folks like you, we’re developing a workshop, and debuting it in New York City Mar. 22, 6 to 10 pm.
If you’d like to come, please save the date.
We’re still finessing the details, but you can plan that:
- You’ll leave with tools you can use immediately
- It’ll be affordable, with discounts offered for partner organizations and early registration.
- It’ll be super interactive–you’ll work on your own project and you’ll help fellow participants with theirs.
- You’ll get plenty of attention: we’re limiting the number of participants to 12.
- We’ll offer snacks–Gwen and I can’t plan an event without something to nibble.
Gwen will be in NYC to teach it; however, I may be joining in via Skype.
OK, stand by for the official announcement in a day or two (perhaps less!).
And special thanks to the I Can Still Do That Foundation for your support in making this happen. You’re reminding us all over again of the power and energy of community.